Here are some of the news items and blog posts that I'm checking out today.
We've got: political drama and executive defections at GM, AIG gifts profitable trades to the major banks, a look at the recent stock market rally, and more. Have a look.
1. Obama says GM, Chrysler have last chance to survive - Bloomberg.
See also: Obama gives GM, Chrysler ultimatums; GM's Wagoner to resign - Greentech Media.
2. Bear Market Rally - Carl Swenlin.
3. Market bottom? "Follow the Money" - Janice Dorn, Trading Doctor.
4. AIG was responsible for banks' profitable months - Zero Hedge.
See also: AIG funnels taxpayer funds to counterparties - Finance Trends.
5. Bankruptcy is economic stimulus - Ron Paul.
6. Revisiting the global savings glut thesis - Doug Noland.
7. The Dangers of Printing Money (photo essay) - Time.
8. Giving in on mark-to-market accounting rules - Bear Mountain Bull.
9. Taken for the ride of our life - Best Minds Inc.
In addition to the above articles and posts, you may also want to check out our weekend posts (Dambisa Moyo on Charlie Rose and "Speaking Truth to Power") if you haven't already. Cheers.