Plenty to read and hear in our latest, "Features of the week".
1. US economy: jobless rate soars and payrolls plunge by 598,000.
2. TARP robs $78 billion in taxpayer cash (at least).
3. Faber Friday: Bloomberg interview clips with investor Marc Faber.
(a) Faber says US stimulus may lead to dire consequences (video).
(b) Faber favors US tech stocks: Cisco, Intel (audio).
(c) Marc Faber says stocks will fall after mid-year bounce (video).
4. The "bad bank" proposal: even worse than you imagined.
5. Dividends are forecast to decline in Europe and in the S&P 500.
6. Should you follow Buffett and be greedy now?
7. In Daschle's tax woes, a peek into how Washington works.
8. Corn ethanol takes another hit.
9. Downturn ends boom in wind and solar power.
10. Clean Money is a useful guide for clean-tech investors.
11. Uncle Sam takes salary, leaves allowance.
12. The History of Money: Peru.
13. Chart spotlight: January forecasts a down year - Carl Swenlin.
14. Drivers for natural resources in 2009 - Frank Holmes.
15. Credit crisis watch: some positive developments.
16. Don't take economic stimulus measures into your own hands.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Enjoy your weekend!