Monday, August 13, 2012

Some Quick Scribblings.

Hi Friends. I am still working and did not have much time for the market. But I guess nothing much happened anyway. It seems no body wants to sell and VIX is down below 14. My short positions are bleeding red but my position is small and the pain is bearable. Some of you asked about VIX and whether it has bottomed yet. I have the right post for you. Bill Luby is a very smart guy who writes only on VIX. He is a consultant for CBOE and he is long VIX at this time.
http://vixandmore.blogspot.ca/2012/08/how-can-vix-be-14-and-lower-than-vin.html
I see many smart guys are bullish and buying in equities. May be I am dumb to doubt the rally but I still think time is not right yet for going long. I think this is a hope rally where everyone is waiting for Central bank liquidity injection. I think the markets will reach the highs of 2007 by the end of the year but it is still little early for that and we need one correction before the final upswing. And that time is awfully close as per my calculation. So I am not really worried that VIX is down along with SPX. It does not really matter if the SPX goes up a bit tomorrow or day after because the bigger trend is that of a trap. At least that is what I think.
The market action is grinding folks and forcing them to take positions which are risky.
My advice, just don't do anything silly and wait. It is not going to hurt to wait for a definite break out or breakdown.
If you are long, keep your stop loss limits tight. If you are short, keep a close watch and decide when you should cut your losses. Because, despite all indicators, market can remain irrational longer than we can anticipate.
That's it for today. I will have to get back to work. I will try to update with interesting stuff but for now I see just a grind.
Thanks for sharing my thoughts. GLTA.