Here are some of the items I've been checking out this week. Lots of news and views for your Friday reading and listening enjoyment.
1. Finance Overhaul bill would reshape Wall Street - Bloomberg.
2. "Gambling with Other People's Money" - Russ Roberts on the Crisis.
3. An interview with "Trader Vic" Sperandeo on the euro, sovereign bailouts, and gold.
4. Dennis Gartman says the fabric of European Monetary Union is being torn.
5. "Most people are wrong most of the time" - Jim Rogers talks with Sydney Morning Herald.
6. Crisis and Leviathan: Robert HIggs on our economy and the military-industrial complex.
7. Soundgarden covers a Black Sabbath classic, with (imagined) help from Chief Seattle.
8. Mises Circle in Manhattan: awesome guest list this weekend in NYC.
9. Barry Ritholtz' notes on the 2010 SALT conference.
Finally, I just want to make a note about the design change we've recently implemented here at Finance Trends. I want to thank Laurence Hunt for his early feedback on the readability of text in the post width margins; I've narrowed the post body margin slightly, and I hope this subtle change will make the blog posts a bit more readable.
We'd love to hear more feedback from you on blog layout suggestions or features that might make your visit here more enjoyable. Don't hesitate to leave us a comment, or drop me an email (see blog profile for contact info) with your suggestions anytime.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. You can also keep up with us by subscribing to our RSS feed or by following us on Twitter. Have a great weekend.