Time magazine has seen fit to honor Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke as its "Person of the Year".
Rather than waste my time (and yours) regurgitating their nonsense, I thought we'd take a quick look at some of the more interesting reactions to, and accurate appraisals of, this news. A short linkfest of Bernanke & Fed realism follows:
1. Person of the Year, My Foot! Bernanke "Failed Miserably", Says Chris Whalen - Tech Ticker.
2. A More Honest Look at Time Person of the Year Ben Bernanke - Wall St. Cheat Sheet.
3. Time Magazine's Kiss of Death: "You!" - Mish.
4. Time on Bernanke: The Peak of Central Banking? - Minyanville.
5. Ron Paul on Bernanke and the Fed - Jesse's Cafe.
6. Impoverisher of the Year - Mises Blog.
We should note that the Senate Banking Committee is backing Bernanke for a second term as Federal Reserve Chairman, with the debate over his renomination heading to the full senate in January.
What do you think? Should Bernanke stick around for a second term? Ponder that, and enjoy your weekend