Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hugh Hendry Eclectica fund letter (November '09)

John Mauldin highlights investor Hugh Hendry's November commentary in his latest "Outside the Box" column.

Hugh covers a lot of ground in this missive (I'm still trying to finish the letter as I write this), with comments on the great inflation-fueled rallies in commodities and stocks, the state of the global economy, the state of the Japanese, Chinese, and US economies, and more.

Here's the leadoff from Hendry's recent letter:

"This month I will attempt to answer the entrance examination for the Chinese civil service. That is to say, I will attempt to tell you everything that I know. In doing so, I will argue that this year's rally in inflationary assets, from emerging stock markets to industrial commodities to the fall in the US dollar, could be a FAKE. Let me explain why..."

Check
the link above to read on for more. You can also view the November Ecletica Fund letter here on Scribd. See our related posts section for more interviews with Hugh Hendry.

Related articles and posts:

1. Hugh Hendry interview with FT.com - Investment Postcards.

2. Stocks, gold, & a legacy of debt: Hendry - CNBC.

3. Hugh Hendry on banks & govt. intervention - Finance Trends.