Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jim Rogers on CNBC, Fox Business




Jim Rogers appeared on CNBC recently to speak about the G-20 meeting, investments, and the notion (myth) of systemic risk at AIG, GM, et al. Thanks to my friend Dave in NYC for the heads up on this clip.

I have to tell you, I watched this CNBC clip right after I saw a YouTube clip of Jim Rogers on Fox Business, and that almost made CNBC and Maria Bartiromo look charming and well-informed by comparison.

Talk about painful; I actually felt dumber for having seen this Fox Business segment. This was not due to Jim Rogers, who was amazingly patient in explaining (again and again) why he felt the way that he does about the economy and the US government's panoply of failed rescue policies.

Rather, the pain I felt was due to the horribly shrill and moronic teleprompter reader who insisted on shouting her talking points back at Rogers, in a full display of the intellectual dishonesty and willful ignorance which are, sadly, so evident in America today. So, fair warning if you decide to watch it.